Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Spices, spices, spices... a tip from Trader Joe's

I hope Trader Joe's lawyers don't mind if I graciously link their company's INGENIUS newsletter to my food blog. Afterall I'm giving them credit where credit is due... I'm directing you back to their website and I'm talking about how INGENIUS they are! (who could ask for more?!)

After all... I admire their honesty, their willingness to help me get my hands on quality spices for cheaper and for helping me look good in the kitchen.


Below is a very short blurb from Trader Joe's Southern California October 2010 Fearless Flyer ... for the full version of Trader Joe's witty tips and wise thoughts, check out pages 12 and 13 in the link above.)

" Here’s the deal with spices: there are only a handful of truly high quality spice manufacturers in the world, and we happen to do business directly with one of them. By doing this, we are able to get rid of all the “hidden” costs usually spent on advertising, display fixtures, brand-building, promotions and those slotting fees we mentioned. Instead, at Trader Joe’s we put the spices in our own label and we don’t mark up our prices to sky-high proportions just to recover all those
“hidden” costs. "


So don't be scared off... get the right spices. They are affordable... just find the right place to buy them.




enjoy your time in the kitchen...



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails