Monday, October 11, 2010
RECIPE: Spinach Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Here's what I started with...
And it's this easy... except I learned that I should have chopped the spinach a few times before I threw it in the dish.
Boil the potatoes and then drain them. (I didn't even take a picture of that part - you know what it looks like.)
Then we get busy... melt butter, saute garlic...
Then add the cream and the spinach and toss until the spinach cooks down.
Add the cooked potatoes back to the pot and find your potato masher.
Next? Serve it up as a side dish for a yummy dinner.
Spinach Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Recipe courtesy Lori Tisdale
6 medium yukon gold potatoes, diced into 1” pieces
1 ½ cups fresh spinach, chopped
4 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup cream
Kosher salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Salt water generously and boil potatoes until tender, 10-12 minutes. Drain potatoes and set aside. Reduce heat to medium low, melt butter and cook garlic for 3 – 5 minutes. Stir in cream, add the chopped spinach, stir well. Season spinach with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add potatoes to the pot and mash to desired consistency. Taste to see if you need to add another pinch of salt or another nob of butter.
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- RECIPE: Spaetzle and Dill Sauce
- RECIPE: Swedish Meatballs with Dill Sauce
- Red Velvet was made for HALLOWEEN!
- Spices, spices, spices... a tip from Trader Joe's
- RECIPE: The BETTER Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
- Soup's On...
- Playing with pomegranates...
- A favorite: Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants
- RECIPE: Spicy Chicken Soup
- Pear Pizzazz...
- RECIPE: Creamy Mashed Cauliflower
- Chef John Besh's Braised Beef Short Ribs... aka go...
- Kettlecorn WINNERS!!!
- FOOD IDEA: Encrusted Mahi Mahi
- RECIPE: Spinach Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- it's just a good treat... and a CONTEST!!!
- RECIPE: Quinoa with Almond-crusted Tilapia
- RECIPE: Crock Pot French Dips
- RECIPE: Braised Yukon Golds
- reorganizing a small corner of the kitchen...
- ▼ October (20)