Friday, October 22, 2010

A favorite: Trader Joe's Chocolate Croissants



I owe my friend Jan a HUGE THANK YOU! Now, to answer the question on why it took me so long to pick these up at Trader Joe's and try them for myself...

WHY, oh why, did I wait so long?!



You can find them in the frozen food section... they are packaged in a box of 4. Trust me on this one... buy more than just 1 box.




Follow the instructions on the back of the box: lay them out on a buttered/lined cookie sheet, seam side down. And allow them to thaw, raise overnight...


Approximately 10 hours later this is what they look like.



To give the tops of the croissants, brush them each with a little bit of egg wash. And then place them in the oven.




About 20-25 mins later this is what you have...




If you can stand it, allow them to cool for about 10 mins and then eat ONLY one... I dare you!


But don't take my word for it... try them for yourself!



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails