Saturday, October 2, 2010

reorganizing a small corner of the kitchen...

When items start collapsing over on themselves you know it's time to either get rid of something or reorganize. So, today I did both.

Here's the BEFORE shot...



As you can see, things were a bit crammed. The time to do this was well overdue...

So, I took a tip from last month's Better Homes & Gardens magazine: organize your kitchen cabinet items into various baskets that you can pull from the cabinets while either cooking or baking.

GREAT idea! I love it... with the coupons I had for Michael's this cost me less than $20!!!



I bought 3 baskets...

The first one was a small one for my "use-all-the-time" spice/seasoning supplies and then a medium size basket for the "not-so-everyday" stuff.



So here's the AFTER shot...



And lastly, I bought a large basket for the baking supplies. This basket will go in another cabinet where I keep the canisters containing flour, sugar, confectioner's sugar, brown sugar, chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder.



Next? I worked on my cooking station... where I keep my knives, aromatics, oils, utensils, etc. In true "spring-cleaning" mode I took it all out, cleaned off the counter tops, hit it with 409, organized it all, and put it back in place.





I love my kitchen... it's kinda small. But it works for the here and now. I dream of a much larger kitchen with sliding drawers for the pots/pan, lids, etc. With a pull-out pantry where I can organize all my vinegars, oil, canned goodies, pastas, rice, etc.


And who knows if that will ever happen... but a girl can dream, can't she?! In the meantime, I'll be a good steward of what I have, make good meals for my hero-of-a-hubby and post on my blog from time to time.

I doubt a bigger kitchen will help me cook any better... so I'll just keep having fun!



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails