Friday, July 23, 2010

Fresh, fresh, fresh...



Today I found a gift at our front door ... we had once again been blessed with some fresh, fresh produce!




I am deeply convinced that Neighbor Bob is the most dedicated vegetable gardener in all of Old Escondido! And lucky us! Several times during the summer he blesses us with some of the fruits of his labor.




I am also deeply convinced these came right up out of the soil. They were still gritty with the brown of the earth...


Freshly rinsed and drained...




And prepared for the next stage of their lives...






After a quick boil... and a sprinkle of kosher salt. They were then sprinkled with a little lemon juice and served up with my killer meatball sandwiches!

Would you like the recipe for the meatballs? I'm glad you asked! Check out a previous blog entry: Baked Meatballs









enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails