Sunday, July 18, 2010

Attempt #2 - Croque-Monsieur aka Croccante Signore

Check out Attempt #1: Croque-Monsieur <--- click on this link... The first attempt taught me to not over-brown the bread. It will crisp up even more under the broiler. And here is attempt #2. And I learned some more valuable lessons here.

Lesson #1... there IS such a thing as "too much of a good thing"!

I used a little too much prosciutto (which made it too salty). I used a little to much provolone (which it made it just a little to rich.)



And I used a little too much bechamel sauce (which made it too soggy).




These are supposed to be crispy sandwiches... so, I'd say attempt #2 flopped.


I couldn't even eat the whole sandwich.

But the lessons were well worth it... I have a really good feeling about attempt #3!!! Stay tuned...



And yes, I think I'll be calling this my "Croccante Signore"... since I'm bent on using italian ingredients.




enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails