Thursday, July 15, 2010

Carnitas tacos and Not-Your-Average-Corn dish...



We're having a heat wave this week (and probably for the next 4 months). So, it was another quick taco night.

I bought already-cooked carnitas. (Yes, I'm cheating again! Or, I'm one smart-cookie! I guess it depends on how you look at it!) So I made some quick tacos. Corn tortillas enveloped the carnitas, sauteed vegetables (orange bell pepper and red onion), a drizzle of salsa, cilantro, green onions and cotija cheese.

We had some leftover black beans from two nights ago and I have been craving my favorite spicy, creamy corn dish.

So, let me show you what it looks like!

Here's what you need: steamed corn, diced serrano (or jalapeno), cream cheese, butter and kosher salt.



Start with hot corn and very finely diced serrano pepper... if you don't like a lot of pepper heat then remove the seeds/ribs from inside the serrano. I usually take out about half of the seeds and ribs. (I'm a wimp!)



Melt the softened cream cheese and butter in the microwave real briefly and mix well until creamed together...



Pour it over the corn and serrano pepper... and mix well.



Salt to taste... at times i've also added a dash of cayenne pepper for some color and another layer of heat. Oh yum!



Serve it up with your favorite dinner... and make extra! 'Cuz you're going to want it again the next night!





Not-Your-Average Corn
Recipe courtesy Lori Tisdale

Ingredients
4 cups of cooked corn
½ stick butter
½ package of cream cheese, softened
1 serrano pepper, diced
Salt/pepper to taste

Instructions
Melt butter and cream cheese in small sauce pan, on low until completely melted, combined. Add corn and jalapeno – mix well before serving.



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails