Sunday, November 21, 2010

RECIPE: Glazed Pecans



Every year at Thanksgiving it is a requirement that we bring "The Salad": a spring mix with thinly sliced red onion, crumbled feta, dried cranberries, balsamic vinaigrette and glazed pecans.

And every year the day before Thanksgiving I remember that I have to run out and buy the glazed pecans. And every year I think to myself that I really should try glazing my own pecans. (Plus, they're darn expensive... and I HATE the crowds during the holidays!)

Let it be known... I finally remembered to plan ahead and "just do it!"


And now I'm kicking myself... 'cuz it really was THIS easy!



Hot pan, melt, bubble, toss... cool.



Yes, it's THAT easy! (kicking myself again!)













Aren't those simply beautiful?! And they taste sooooo good!

Here's the all-important recipe...


Glazed Pecans
Recipe courtesy Lori Tisdale

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
¼ cup brown sugar
1 cup pecan halves
1 teaspoon kosher salt

Instructions
Prep baking sheet with a layer of aluminum foil, sprayed with non-stick spray.

In a large heavy-bottom skillet stir sugar, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; stir over medium heat until sugar melts and syrup bubbles. Mix in pecans and kosher salt. Stir until nuts are slightly toasted and well-coated. Stir continually for 4-6 minutes.

Transfer nuts to baking sheet, separately nuts with tines of the fork and cool completely. Store glazed nuts in air tight container. Consume within 3-4 weeks.





enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails