Sunday, September 5, 2010

Saffron...

"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" - Julia Child

And fun did I have today... I went on a scavenger hunt. For saffron...



Not that it's necessarily difficult to find. But I also didn't want to buy a large container and spend $20 on something I've never used before - my regular market had it for $19.59! Ouch... so, I found this small container (a little bit bigger than a Quarter) at World Market, for $4.99 (a product of India).



The saffron is very tightly packed into this little container. . .



And once you open it they just start falling out. . .



In a few days I will use this to make a saffron risotto... it will not be my first attempt at risotto. But it WILL be my first attempt at saffron risotto. I look forward to the experiment...



Click here for more about saffron . . .



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails