"This is my invariable advice to people: Learn how to cook- try new recipes, learn from your mistakes, be fearless, and above all have fun!" - Julia Child
And fun did I have today... I went on a scavenger hunt. For saffron...
Not that it's necessarily difficult to find. But I also didn't want to buy a large container and spend $20 on something I've never used before - my regular market had it for $19.59! Ouch... so, I found this small container (a little bit bigger than a Quarter) at World Market, for $4.99 (a product of India).
The saffron is very tightly packed into this little container. . .
And once you open it they just start falling out. . .
In a few days I will use this to make a saffron risotto... it will not be my first attempt at risotto. But it WILL be my first attempt at saffron risotto. I look forward to the experiment...
Click here for more about saffron . . .
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- RECIPE: Grilled Stuffed Portobello
- RECIPE: Maid-Rite Sandwich
- RECIPE: Creamed Corn and Leek Risotto
- RECIPE: Saffron Risotto and sauteed Mahi Mahi wit...
- A dress(ing) for all occasions!
- blog tip...
- my favorite type of snack: salty and crunchy
- Lunch on a day off...
- Sunday lunch...
- Chicken Paillard with Garlic Risotto
- ▼ September (11)