There's something about a day off that just, well ... makes my day!
To celebrate... I made fresh guacamole!
Do I have a recipe for guacamole? NOPE!
It's different each time I make it. Today's "guac" had finely diced red onion, tomato and cilantro in it. I seasoned it with a very tiny pinch of kosher salt.
Sometimes I add seasoned salt and black pepper...
Sometimes I even add a touch of cayenne powder or a dash of hot sauce...
However, I NEVER EVER add lemon juice. It brings back bad memories of when I worked in a mexican restaurant and they over-loaded it with lemon juice (so that it wouldn't turn brown, I'm sure). But when you're eating it immediately there's no point in adding lemon juice... it just masks the good guac flavor.
Yes, all I had for lunch today was guac, a few slices of tomato and some cheese and chips. So, what?!
How do you like YOUR guacamole?
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- RECIPE: Grilled Stuffed Portobello
- RECIPE: Maid-Rite Sandwich
- RECIPE: Creamed Corn and Leek Risotto
- RECIPE: Saffron Risotto and sauteed Mahi Mahi wit...
- A dress(ing) for all occasions!
- blog tip...
- my favorite type of snack: salty and crunchy
- Lunch on a day off...
- Sunday lunch...
- Chicken Paillard with Garlic Risotto
- ▼ September (11)