Friday, September 10, 2010
my favorite type of snack: salty and crunchy
For the life of me I can't remember where I picked up this idea... but it's a hit in our household!
Take a tray of Candiquik's vanilla candy coating, a bottle of salted peanuts and some pretzel sticks (or twisted pretzels - whatever works for you).
This literally takes 2 1/2 minutes...
The candy coating melts in 1 min, with a quick stir and then another 15 seconds, and another stir.
Then pour it directly over the peanuts and slightly crushed pretzels.
Press it out onto a lined cookie sheet... let it sit for a while and the candy coating will harden up in about an hour or two.
To serve it up, you just need to chip it apart real quick and serve up whatever portion won't make you feel guilty...
But if you go back for a second helping I won't tell anyone...
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- RECIPE: Grilled Stuffed Portobello
- RECIPE: Maid-Rite Sandwich
- RECIPE: Creamed Corn and Leek Risotto
- RECIPE: Saffron Risotto and sauteed Mahi Mahi wit...
- A dress(ing) for all occasions!
- blog tip...
- my favorite type of snack: salty and crunchy
- Lunch on a day off...
- Sunday lunch...
- Chicken Paillard with Garlic Risotto
- ▼ September (11)