Several years ago I visited Alaska during the week of the Iditarod... it was a fun experience! But it was sure cold... so, I visited Humpy's Great Alaska Alehouse for a night out on the town (and interestingly enough was introduced to heated toilet seats and heated water in the toilet bowl... but I digress...)
I am happy to report that the highlight of my visit at Humpy's was that I got to taste this for the first time in my life!
It's a beer, a Belgian beer to be exact... and it's packaged with a cork and a bottle cap. It's not your typical beer, as it's kinda "sparkly"... so it takes you by somewhat of a surprise.
Lindeman's offers several different flavors... my favorite is Kriek (black cherry). This is a "once in a while" treat for me... and I sure relish the time spent with my Lindeman's...
What special treat do you look forward to?
enjoy your time in the kitcen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- stone ground mustard
- oh... hello garlic!
- RECIPE: Crock Pot Chicken
- a memory of our trip to Florence, Italy
- RECIPE: Spicy shredded beef
- RECIPE: Chinese Chicken Salad
- my choice for olive oil
- RECIPE: Beef Stroganoff in a crock pot
- A special treat...
- My Sunday routine...
- RECIPES: 1 night, 2 new recipes... and "wife-of-t...
- my fav mac n' cheese...
- RECIPE: Hearty Ricotta-Stuffed Shells
- Testing a new ingredient
- RECIPE: Creamy Poblano Rice, by Zarela
- ▼ January (15)