It's not fancy... it's rather inexpensive... and I prefer it to "EVOO".
And I don't care what Rachel Ray thinks!
I've tried various brands of "EVOO"... and it made the food too sweet for my tastes, especially onions. I wasted many a batch of spaghetti before I figured out what was making my spaghetti taste like someone had dumped some sugar in there. (My mom likes her spaghetti tasting sweet - but it's not for me.)
So, I stick with this olive oil as my standard cooking oil (for most things, and canola oil for other things)... until I know more about olive oil and how to use which kinds.
What's YOUR favorite?
enjoy your time in the kitcen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- stone ground mustard
- oh... hello garlic!
- RECIPE: Crock Pot Chicken
- a memory of our trip to Florence, Italy
- RECIPE: Spicy shredded beef
- RECIPE: Chinese Chicken Salad
- my choice for olive oil
- RECIPE: Beef Stroganoff in a crock pot
- A special treat...
- My Sunday routine...
- RECIPES: 1 night, 2 new recipes... and "wife-of-t...
- my fav mac n' cheese...
- RECIPE: Hearty Ricotta-Stuffed Shells
- Testing a new ingredient
- RECIPE: Creamy Poblano Rice, by Zarela
- ▼ January (15)