Sunday, January 24, 2010
oh... hello garlic!
That's SOME garlic! The little garlic head on the right is a regular garlic... the one on the left, well that's an elephant garlic.
And as it turns out, it's part of the onion family. How am I going to use it? Think I'll steal only 1 clove and try it shaved on a salad (since it's supposed to be milder than garlic) and see how it goes...
And then I'll tuck the rest of it into an aluminum foil pouch with some olive oil, kosher salt and pepper... and roast the rest of it! I'm sure it would be outstanding schmeared on some bread...
I'll keep you posted. I'm sure I'll have pics...
Any other stories or recipes to share with me?
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- stone ground mustard
- oh... hello garlic!
- RECIPE: Crock Pot Chicken
- a memory of our trip to Florence, Italy
- RECIPE: Spicy shredded beef
- RECIPE: Chinese Chicken Salad
- my choice for olive oil
- RECIPE: Beef Stroganoff in a crock pot
- A special treat...
- My Sunday routine...
- RECIPES: 1 night, 2 new recipes... and "wife-of-t...
- my fav mac n' cheese...
- RECIPE: Hearty Ricotta-Stuffed Shells
- Testing a new ingredient
- RECIPE: Creamy Poblano Rice, by Zarela
- ▼ January (15)