By popular demand... I'm posting my favorite cranberry sauce. My bestest girlfriend Debbie made me sample this (despite my insistance that I DID NOT like cranberry sauce).
And I was blown away... who knew I liked cranberry sauce?!
Tart Cranberry-Orange Sauce
4 cups fresh cranberries (about 1 pound)
1 cup orange juice, divided
3/4 cup sugar
3 cinnamon sticks, broken in half
4 teaspoons finely grated orange peel
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
Combine cranberries, 3/4 cup orange juice, sugar, cinnamon sticks, orange peel, lemon juice, lemon peel and allspice in heavy large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until berries burst and liquids start to thicken, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Mix in remaining 1/4 cup orange juice. (Can be made 4 days ahead. Cover and chill.) Discard cinnamon sticks, transfer to bowl, and serve.
For more of a relish, reduce amount of orange/lemon juice by half... and watch while mixture boils so that it doesn't boil dry.
enjoy your time in the kitchen...
- ► 2011 (46)
- ► 2010 (149)
- RECIPE: onion dip on steroids!
- Oh my OLIVE!!!
- RECIPE: My favorite pot roast
- can you say "sugar-high" ?!
- RECIPE: Butternut Squash Soup...
- Espresso Martinis
- RECIPE: Monkey Muffins... aka mini-monkeys...
- RECIPE: Buckeyes (or Chocolate Peanut Butter Ball...
- RECIPE: Tart Cranberry-Orange Sauce, from Debbie ...
- a Christmas tradition in our house...
- RECIPE: Minty-Chocolate-Goodness
- ▼ December (11)