Saturday, December 19, 2009

RECIPE: Monkey Muffins... aka mini-monkeys...



Approximately two weeks, 3 days, 1 hour and 37 minutes ago I found a recipe here: Pioneer Woman's blog. It changed my life... and I'd like to share it with you now.

I remember early mornings in my Gramma's kitchen... we would sit around the kitchen table, cut apart biscuits, drown in them in sugary-goodness and toss them into a bundt pan. Fast forward to 2009 and me sitting at my desk, reading the Pioneer Woman's blog and drooling on the keyboard... I-must-make-these-muffins! I just know it will take me back to Gramma's kitchen table... in a weird 21st century sort of way.

So, let's try out her reccipe... here goes nothing...

First we start with some butter, sugar and cinnamon...



Next we add some dough (you can use prepared dough, leftover dough, etc)... I cut up canned biscuit dough...



And then you just keep going...



Then you add more butter, sugar and cinnamon... too much is not a bad thing at this point of the process...



They bake in a nice warm oven for only 15 minutes... and as soon as you take it out of the oven, you pour some yummy icing on top! Do you hear the sizzle from the hot pan?!



And again, keep going...



Beautiful, eh?! I don't know how it happens, but the sugar and butter and cinnamon creates this crispy crust around the bottom of the muffin... and oh, I'm speechless.



Pour yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy your Saturday morning...




RECIPE: Monkey Muffins
Recipe from The Pioneer Woman

Ingredients
1 – 2 cans of refrigerated/canned biscuit dough, cut into thirds
Butter, softened
Sugar (or you can substitute light brown sugar as well)
Ground Cinnamon
Sweetened condensed milk

Instructions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Add ½ teaspoon butter to muffin tins. Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.

Roll dough into walnut sized balls (or cut refrigerated biscuit dough into thirds). Place three to four dough balls into each muffin tin. Top with 1/2 teaspoon butter. Sprinkle on more sugar and cinnamon.

Bake for 15 minutes, or until caramelly brown and bubbling. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with plenty of sweetened condensed milk over the top of each one – about half a can per biscuit tray. Be generous!

Allow muffins to cool slightly – but they are best enjoyed warm…



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, why didn't I ever think of that, Lori????? Thank you for sharing! (Janie's mom was a pretty good cook, too, as I remember from CVAG)

Photo Bug said...

Have you ever made them with butterscotch? Thats how we make them in this house every Christmas morning and they are definately a treat! I have to say they look super yummy (but I cheated and cinnabon today lol!) Look forward to more of your cooking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails