Monday, June 14, 2010

not just ANY chocolate chip cookie...



This week I read a blog and saw these: Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oh man, that Pioneer Woman! She's a genius! I keep my malted milk powder and my chocolate chips on the same pantry shelf ... and it NEVER dawned on me to combine them into my classic choclate chip cookie!

But as soon as she suggested it, I knew I'd love it! (Confession: every now and then I'll consume a very small tablespoon of malted milk powder ... just for kicks!)

In her blog, Ree notes that these cookies come out 'very thin' - she wasn't kidding. They sure are thin... in fact, when I first laid them out on the cooling rack one of them folded in half and fell through the rack! (Darn, I'll have to clean that up... ahem! Excuse me.)



And like I do with every batch of cookies I bake, I made ice cream sandwiches. It was a warm day... and an ice cream sandwich was a perfect treat!



Put the lid on...



And press down...



I know I don't need to say it, but make sure you consume before the ice cream melts...



So, what are you still doing sitting here? Go make some of these cookies!




enjoy your time in the kitchen...

1 comment:

Miss Candiquik said...

Love thin, crispy little cookies! And with ice cream...wow, cannot go wrong. Am going to add these to my "to do" list for sure. Thanks for sharin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails