Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Open-faced meatball subs...

Yesterday I made these for dinner... Baked Meatballs which then turned into a mid-afternoon snack (I may or may not have eaten a few, as pictured below, before dinner...) . And from here they turned into meatball subs...

My husband fell in love with me all over again...





Meatball subs are super easy...



You need a hoagie roll or two with some butter slathered on top, and slid under the broiler to crisp up...





Then start layering the goods, starting with a little bit of marinara...



Then some meatballs...



Some more sauce...




And of course some mozzarella cheese! Don't forget the mozzarella cheese (or leave it off because you're on a diet)... if you did I'd have to kick you!



Back under the broiler for just a few minutes... watch it closely! You don't want these puppies to burn! That would be meatball abuse...



And voila! There's dinner...



I think my hero-of-a-hubby must have said "I LOVE YOU!" at least 5 times during dinner last night...


I love you too, babe... that's why I cook all of this yummy food, JUST FOR YOU!
(And if you believe that... well, I love you too! Muah!)



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails