Friday, May 6, 2011

RECIPE: Boysenberry Linzer Torte



So sooo soooooo good... and as with most desserts it can also serve as breakfast, right?!

In fact, that's how I feel about MOST desserts ... don't judge me.


It takes just 3 ingredients. Yes, that's all. Here's where I started... sugar cookie dough, boysenberry jam and almond slices.



Once you get over the guilt of not making your own dough, break open the packages. I used 1 1/2 tubes of cookie dough to make the crust on the bottom.



Press it into the pan firmly. And then top it with some boysenberry jam...







When layering the jam I left an edge of crust around the edge... this isn't a requirement. It's just my creative touch...



Then I tossed some sliced almonds on top... and started some not-so-fancy lattice work on top (made of dough).



I slid it into the oven for about 25 minutes... but I wish I would have left it in there a little longer. I would recommend more like 30 minutes. But each oven is a little different.



Allow it to cool a tad and then cut into 1" squares. But I would advise to enjoy this while it's still a little warm... just trust me on this one.



And when you do enjoy it you might want to have a cup of coffee handy... it's a perfect match.




And of course you can switch out the boysenberry for raspberry or strawberry or blackberry or whatever it is you like. Be creative... there's no rules with this one. Except for this: ENJOY!




Boysenberry Linzer Torte
Recipe courtesy www.epicurious.com

Ingredients
2 tubes of sugar cookie dough
6 tablespoons boysenberry jam
2 tablespoons almond slices

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9” x 13” casserole pan with cooking spray. Spread approximately 1 ¼ tubes of cookie dough over bottom of casserole pan, pressing firmly until dough creates a crust. Spread jam over surface of dough, leaving 1/2 inch border around the edge.

Using the remaining dough, create lattice work across the top of the jam (criss-crossing dough over the top in both directions).

Bake for 20-30 minutes until dough is golden brown. Bottom crust will bubble a bit. Allow to cool completely and cut into 1” squares.






enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails