Monday, April 18, 2011

When I was 8 years old I received my first cookbook



A gift from my Mom's Mom, a fabulous Gramma. She was a wife and mother who was known to make a new dessert every night of the week. When you have a husband with a sweet tooth and 3 kids running the house... yes, it is necessary!

When I was 8 years old I started drooling over cookbooks. I remember standing for hours at the kitchen counter, reading each detail of each recipe... looking at all the details of all the hand drawn illustrations.



I mean, who wouldn't when you have graphics like this?!







In all seriousness, this kid's cookbook has more technical information in it that most "grown up" cookbooks! Check it out... this goes into detail on necessary items, safety precautions, proper names of kitchen utensils, cooking methods, etc! (I think I even learned something again when reading it again yesterday!)



I do recall making a killer cinnamon toast... thank you to my very first cookbook! Mmmm.... makes me want some now!




enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails