Sunday, February 14, 2010

the way to my man's heart...

I learned many years ago that the way to my man's heart was through his stomach... and it's still the case today. For Valentine's Day 2010 I served up his new fav dinner (spicy beef enchiladas) and his forever favorite dessert (brownies).

This is where I started...




For the recipe on the meat, see my earlier blog: Spicy Shredded Beef

Then I take the BEST EVER enchilada sauce (from Trader Joe's) and warm it up in a large sauce pan. (But reserve some of the sauce ... you'll see ... )



This is where you want a few large spoonfuls of enchilada sauce. Thinly coat the bottom of a casserole pan. You don't need much...



Once the sauce is warmed, reduce heat and coat each tortilla (both sides) with enchilada sauce.



Like I said, both sides...



Now transfer your tortilla to the casserole pan and place some cheese down the middle of it...



And then place the shredded beef down the middle as well... try not to eat any of the beef while you're stuffing the enchiladas.



Flip one edge of the tortilla over the meat and then roll it towards the end of the pan...



Try to have the seam side down in the casserole pan...



Then you're on to your next enchilada...



Repeat and roll, repeat and roll...



Then rescue every last drop of this enchilada sauce by transferring it to the top of the rolled enchiladas ... every last drop...



Top with cheese... and transfer to hot oven.



Approximately 30 minutes later...



... you have this!




And tonight I surprised hubby with some brownies (thank you, Girardelli, for making me look good!) Well, if I had only been patient they wouldn't have fallen apart when I dished them onto the plate.



But I'll tell ya, they still tasted the same... and they were darn yummy!






enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails