Wednesday, July 6, 2011

RECIPE: Peach Sangria



Oh, how I love sangria!!! (why don't I make it more often?!)


And I'm glad you're here reading about it... because there's a few things you need to know about sangria... it's GOOD, GOOD, GOOD!!! Oh also, it's a great way to utilize excess fruit, the rest of the wine in a bottle that may not get consumed for a few days, and it can either be "red" or "white".


This is what I started with ... a pitcher, a dry white wine, peach schnapps, peaches and simple syrup (not pictured here).



First, pour the whole bottle of wine into the pitcher...



Next, add 1/4 to 1/2 cup peach schnapps... or another complimentary flavor like Grand Marnier...



Next peel your nice fresh peaches, cut them up and add them to the pitcher... I used 5 for this pitcher. (I could have also added diced mango or orange slices too... but there's always next time!)





And did I forget to tell you about the simple syrup?



I make my simple syrup extra sweet... with a ratio of 2 cups sugar to 1 cup water. Bring it to a boil, stir well until it becomes a clear liquid... and allow to cool for a bit before using.




When the simple syrup has cooled a bit you can add 1/4 to 1/2 cup simple syrup to the pitcher... to taste. I added 1/4 cup and it was just sweet enough for me...



And here's the last 2 things you need to know about sangria... 1) make it the day before you plan to partake. The flavors "marry" a bit more the longer they sit. And 2) The last glass poured out of this pitcher is the best drink of the whole deal. So serve your guests first... that's what a good hostess would do! RIGHT?!



Oh yeah, how could I forget... the last thing you need to know is that when I serve up my sangria I top the glass off with a few dashes of sparkly water, er fizzy water. It's just THAT much more refreshing...


How do YOU like sangria? Fizzy? Red? White?


enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails