Friday, June 24, 2011

Final steps for homemade Limoncello

Yes, we finally have limoncello! (And also grapefruit liqueur...don't forget about that one!)

If you have time, check out my previous post for Steps 2 and 3 (also within that post is the link to Step 1): Steps 2 and 3 to homemade limoncello


And nooowww (drumroll please) we are ready to unveil the goodness that is this my pride and joy this summer...






Bottle on the left is the grapefruit liqueur
Bottle on the right is the limoncello


Here are the steps I took to finalize this long, long process...

- I strained the liquid one last time
- I found appropriately sized bottles for storing the liqueur
- I placed the bottles in the freezer
- Approximately 3 hours later I got them out of the freezer and poured a shot of each. Yes, a shot of each...

(The only other thing I need to do is create a label for the bottles... still working on a snazzy name brand. "Lori's Limoncello"? Seems to fall flat... any other ideas out there?)


But back to the tasting... I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth and fresh and sweet and PERFECT they were! (In fact I could barely tell the difference between the homemade and the store bought version I've been sipping on for the past several years!) All by themselves they are great to sip on... but I've also discovered that I LOVE the limoncello this way: Heatwave Lemonade

And I'm working on a grapefruit martini (well, not at this exact moment... after all, it's not even 5:30 am... you know what I mean!) Stay tuned for more on that beverage...



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

1 comment:

Julia! said...

Limoncello di Lori! Of course! :)
Limoncello Sagrado!
Limoncello di Luna!
(you ask a poet to name something, she's gonna try!!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails