Thursday, March 17, 2011

RECIPE: Southwest Dressing from a certain (unnamed) Brewhouse

Let it be known:
1) I searched high and low for this recipe online.
2) I couldn't find it online.
3) I frequented this Brewhouse's establishment a number of times and will continue to do so happily.
4) I fully understand that I probably should not have this recipe.
5) I am not being paid by anyone to share this secret.




And yet I will refrain from releasing the name of the locale. But they brew beer (and root beer) and make deep dish pizzas and some really good cookies for dessert... and they just opened a joint here in town. They serve this sauce with a few of their dishes (southwest spring rolls and fish tacos, for instance) ... and I just knew I had to figure out how to make this so I could enjoy it at home.

I ate at their location several times... going back over and over again just to taste the dressing (oh yeah, and to enjoy it on their fish tacos).

And then I just had to ask. And I finally found someone to share the ingredients of their recipe. (Thank you, my unnamed friend at this unnamed Brewhouse.)


But leading up to that moment I made my own versions of this sauce at home... at least 5 times. And each time I made it I got farther and farther away from the actual ingredients.


Here's how simple it is...

4 easy ingredients: prepared "ranch dressing", chili powder, ground cumin and cayenne pepper.



I used about 2/3 cup ranch dressing, 1 tablespoon chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder and a pinch of cayenne pepper. (But you can add more cayenne if you like things spicy.)



Give it a whisk and serve with just about anything... it can be used on fish tacos, chicken quesadillas, taco salads, a southwest burger... use your imagination.









You can thank me later...


Dear Legal Dept at unnamed Brewhouse... I apologize in advance if this should have remained some sort of secret. I couldnt' help myself. Your product is so good... I just had to share it.


Can you blame me?!



enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails