Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sinful (perfectly sinful) Cheesey dip



I don't really know who to say THANK YOU to ('cuz I'm not real sure where this recipe actually came from)... so thank you to Campbell's, Kraft, Pace and Jimmy Dean!!! They create the perfect marriage of cheesy-spicy-creamy goodness!

(On a personal note, a huge shout out to Mardee for introducing me to this dip! You're going to make me look really good today when I take this to the Superbowl party today! And I just know my hero-of-a-hubby will LOVE it!)

Here's where I started...



I know, I know... it's not the healthiest (nor is it fancy or something you want to brag about, really...) And thankfully no one cares about calories on Superbowl. But this will also be great for Fight Night, poker night, a kid's birthday party... the list goes on.




Stir together the condensed coup and salsa...





Cube the cheese block... and throw it in the crock pot, on high heat to start with.





Top the cheese with the salsa mixture, and toss the cooked sausage on top.



Place the lid on top and cook on "high" heat for about an hour (depending on your crock pot). Here you'll see I have another crock pot going as well... I'll do a separate post on that Superbowl dish later...



After about an hour, give it a stir. If you don't see any cheese chunks then lower the heat to "low".



When ready to serve, drizzle over tortilla chips (or pour into a bowl and serve up with chips) ... and get ready to fall in love with the most sinful cheese dip you never knew you needed to make!




What you need:
2 lbs Velveeta Cheese
Pace Picante Salsa, medium heat
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
1/2 lb breakfast sausage, cooked

In a Crock Pot, heat on "high" for about an hour. Stir well and adjust heat to "low". Serve over tortilla chips...




enjoy your time in the kitchen...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails