Monday, December 27, 2010

Beignets with Maple Glaze



It's Day 2 of Beignet Week... today we top with a beautiful maple glaze.

For the original post, click here: Beignets


Here's where I started...



I took a 1/2 cup powdered sugar and slowly added about 1/2 teaspoon milk and whisked.



Then I added about 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup... and whisked...



And a very small amount of pure vanilla extract... and whisked...



Then I tasted it and it needed more... so I added more syrup...



And more vanilla extract... but I also added a little bit of regular pancake syrup (not pictured here and I'm pretty sure it's currently unrated by the Maple Syrup Institute)... but that was the extra kick it needed.

(Confession: next time I might just use the unrated pancake syrup instead of the pure maple syrup from Canada. Don't take offense Canada... it's not personal. I think it's just a little more of that typical maple I was looking for here...)




Plate your freshly fried beignet and drizzle some of this light and easy glaze over the top of it.

This is not a place for maple frosting, like you'd find at the corner donut shop (although you would find my hero-of-a-hubby and I fighting over the last maple bar if that's what it came to).

For this light and fluffy beignet you want a light glaze. It's just perfect...




Did I say it was perfect?




And speaking of my hero-of-a-hubby, I guess I should set it aside and save some for him. Hmph...






enjoy your time in the kitchen...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails